Together SC has begun a journey of Facing Race Together. A part of that "facing" includes taking decisive action. Racial inequality extends to all facets of life, and the nonprofit sector is no exception. The nonprofit sector is not exempt.
Let's all work together to create a society in which the structures that perpetuate racism can no longer stand.
This library of resources is designed to help nonprofit leaders establish and champion race and social equity, diversity, equity, and inclusion (RDEI), and accelerate anti-racism within their organizations and beyond.
This page will be updated regularly. Please send additions, revision suggestions, concerns, and general feedback, to Rodney@TogetherSC.org
- Together SC Board Adopts Racial & Social Equity Committment.
- Together SC seeks to create space for its Black members through its Black Nonprofit Leaders Group and to increase the impact of Black nonproft professionals within the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors
- "Black Nonprofit Leaders Group: What Are We Waiting For" by Nicole Echols
- "Anti-Racism: Moving to Systemic Change" by LaVanda Brown
- "Operating Under the Influence" by Cleo Scott Brown
- Access resources and past recordings on our Removing Our Blinders blog
- What to say and not to say in your statements about the white supremacist coup attempt at the Capitol, Nonprofit AF
How We Arrived Here, Bryan Stevenson, June 2020
- Transformational Capacity Building for Leaders of Color - Vu Le and colleagues
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People
- Absolutely Massive List of Anti-racist Resources for Black Lives Matter Allies
- 2020 Community and Race Relations Guide by SC Human Affairs Commission
- 13 lists of ways to learn and show up as antiracist* in this world
- Awake-to-Work-to-Work Race Equity Culture toolkit; free download
- "Your Black Colleagues May Look Like They're Okay - Chances Are They're Not" by Danielle Cadet
- Moving Beyond Diversity Toward Racial Equity by Ben Hecht
- Beyond the Board Statement: How Can Boards Join the Movement for Racial Justice? Recording and Slide Deck; Part One & Part Two
- COVID-19 and Its Impact on the Black Community by Spartanburg County Foundation; on demand
- Changing the Narrative on Race...Together Liberty video
- DHEC Data Death Count Data Shows Disproportionate Impact of COVID-19 on Black Residents
- Video featuring Chynna Phillips, Director of Public Policy, Sisters of Charity Foundation of SC
- The Next Black Child
- Crashing Down: How the Child Care Crisis is Magnifying Racial Disparities
- Commentary: SC Medicaid Expansion Would Help Ensure Health Equity for African Americans by Dr. Thaddeus Bell for The Post and Courier
- Implicit Association Test by Harvard
- Conduct Impact Assessment by Annie E. Casey Foundation