Accelerating Anti-Racism Resources
Together SC has begun a journey of Facing Race Together. Racial inequities and its ramifications extend to all facets of life, and the nonprofit sector is no exception. We are not exempt. In fact, we are postioned to lead by working together to create a society in which the structures that perpetuate racism can no longer stand.
This library of resources is designed to help nonprofit leaders establish and champion race and social equity, diversity, equity, and inclusion (RDEI), and accelerate anti-racism within their organizations and beyond.
This page will be updated regularly. Please send additions, revision suggestions, concerns, and general feedback, to Rodney@TogetherSC.org
- Together SC Board Adopts Racial & Social Equity Committment.
- Together SC seeks to create space for its Black members through its Black Nonprofit Leaders Group and to increase the impact of BIPOC nonproft professionals within the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors
- Visions of Equity: TIME Magazine
- Grant Making with a Racial Equity Lens, grant craft practical wisdom for grantmakers.
- YWCA Greater Charleston REI for organizations: Racial Equity Institute workshops
REI/DEI Resources Compiled for the 2020 Facing Race Together Summit, including links to organizations doing this work
- Changing the Narrative on Race...Together, Video created by the Liberty Fellowship Class
- "Black Nonprofit Leaders Group: What Are We Waiting For" by Nicole Echols
- "Anti-Racism: Moving to Systemic Change" by LaVanda Brown
- "Operating Under the Influence" by Cleo Scott Brown
- Access resources and past recordings on our Removing Our Blinders blog
- Vaccines for major donors, and how our fundraising practices perpetuate unethical behaviors and inequity - Nonprofit AF
- What to say and not to say in your statements about the white supremacist coup attempt at the Capitol, Nonprofit AF
- Transformational Capacity Building for Leaders of Color, Vu Le and Colleagues
- The Characteristics of White Supremacy Culture, Showing up for Racial Justice
- Promoting Race Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace, South Carolina Race Equity and Inclusion (REI) Partnership
- Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina'S DEI glossary
- Implicit Association Test by Harvard
- Conduct Impact Assessment by Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Beyond the Board Statement: How Can Boards Join the Movement for Racial Justice? Recording and Slide Deck; Part One & Part Two
- Anti-Racism Resources for White People
- Press Release: SC IMPH Releases COVID-19 Health Disparities Report + Two-pager
- DHEC Data Death Count Data Shows Disproportionate Impact of COVID-19 on Black Residents
- Video featuring Chynna Phillips, Director of Public Policy, Sisters of Charity Foundation of SC
- The Next Black Child
- COVID-19 and Its Impact on the Black Community by Spartanburg County Foundation; on demand
- Crashing Down: How the Child Care Crisis is Magnifying Racial Disparities
- Commentary: SC Medicaid Expansion Would Help Ensure Health Equity for African Americans by Dr. Thaddeus Bell for The Post and Courier