Governor's Volunteer Awards
Recognizing those giving selflessly of their time
2021 Award Nominations are now closed! Thank You!
About the Awards
Everyone who volunteers in South Carolina is a hero and deserving of recognition. For many of our dedicated volunteers the simple act of being nominated for such a significant award is an honor in itself.
Please take the time today to make the difference in the life of a volunteer. All nominees will receive a recognition letter on behalf of the Governor, Together SC, and United Way Association of South Carolina.
Ten awards are awarded in the following categories:
- Direct Service Volunteer
- Community Leader Volunteer
- Volunteer Group
- Youth Individual Volunteer
- Volunteer Family
- Workplace Agency / Association
- Legacy Volunteer
- COVID-19 Outstanding Leadership Volunteer
- Volunteer Administrator of the Year
- AmeriCorps Member of the Year (Selected by SC Service Commission)
- Award recipients and nominators will be informed by September 1.
- Awards will be presented at the SC State Museum located in Columbia, followed by an Awards Luncheon on September 22.
- Only South Carolina residents performing volunteer services or activities in South Carolina are eligible.
- Previous winners are not eligible for the same award two years consecutively.
- Nominees must have been active within the past twelve months in the category of service for which they are nominated.
- Nominees for the Legacy Volunteer must have served a minimum of fifteen years of continual service with one agency, with no more than a one-year absence from volunteering during that period.
- All nominees must have served without financial gain, except for nominees in the category of Workplace Agency and Volunteer Administrator of the Year.
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to change a nominee’s category; you will be informed of any changes.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- There is no limit to the number of individuals you nominate for each category; however, an individual may be nominated in only one category.
- The nomination may include only two files of pertinent supplementary material such as news articles, brochures, or letters of recommendation. This must be in an electronic format and attached to this form.
- Nominations become the property of Governor's Awards Committee and will not be returned.
- You will receive an immediate notification that your application was successfully submitted.
- Nomination forms will only be accepted through this website. All nominations are due by August 8th at midnight.
A PDF Version of the Nomination form is linked here. You are able to save your entry on the online form and come back to it later!
Professional volunteer administrators representing various areas of volunteerism from across our state will take part in the selection process. If a selection committee member works at the agency at which a nominee serves, he / she will be excluded from voting in that category.
Questions? Contact Janice Lovinggood at 864-364-5703 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .