What is a Peer Network?
Together SC’s Peer Networks are designed to address the individual needs and build the capacity of the staff within our member organizations. These groups are organized around specific topic areas and offer members access to timely professional development opportunities and an expanded network of professional colleagues from across South Carolina.
How Do I Join a Peer Network?
Joining a Peer Network is easy! Just log in, go to your Member Compasstm, and click "Profile". Under "Profile Info", look for the "Peer Networks" field, click it, and select any and ALL you wish to join. Then click "Save". You'll be added to the mailing list for that group! That's it!
Not yet a member, or don't have a profile? Get started here!
Current Peer Networks:
- ED/CEOs - Join our listserv limited to and for Executive Directors and CEOs. If you are an ED/CEO, simply log in and join the list. If you have difficulty accessing the signup form, contact Together SC Staff.
- Advocacy Allies - This peer network is for those engaged in public policy issues, active in advocating/lobbying at the state, federal, and local levels.
- Chair of Leadership Team - Chynna Phillips, Sisters of Chairty Foundation of SC
- Faciliated by GP McLeer, Pecan Public Relations. Watch this intro video.
- Black Nonprofit Leaders Group- This peer network engages those working or volunteering in the nonprofit sector who are Black, of African descent or of color. Watch this intro video.
- Chair of Leadership Team - Nicole Echols, Hope Health
- Facilitated by Jessica Sharp, Sharp Brain Consulting
- Consultant Collaborative - A membership category and a peer network for entrepreneurs and firms who provide services primarily to nonprofit organizations.
- Chair of Leadership Team - Patrick Jinks, The Jinks Perspective
- Development Peer Network - For the staff "making the asks", writing the grants, finding the resources to keep the mission going.
- Co Chairs of Leadership Team - Bryson Young, Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired SC and Brett Wadford, Center for Heirs' Property Preservation
- Facilitated by Heather Singleton, Strategic Public Relations Consulting. Watch this intro video
- Equity Peer Network - This peer network is for those interested in making equity a priority in their organizations. Watch this intro video.
- Co Chair of Leadership Team - Melanie Huggins, Richland Library and Amanda Lawrence, Trident United Way
- Facilitated by Beth Ruffin, The Everyday Inclusionist
- Operations Peer Network - For the staff "in the weeds", the detail-oriented folks implementing the visionaries' visions, and keeping the machine well-oiled. Watch this intro video.
- Chair of Leadership Team -Stig Rasmussen, Fact Forward
- Facilitated by Miriam Dicks, 180 Management Group
- Volunteer Admin Alliance- Building upon the work of the former SC Assoc. for Volunteer Administration (SCAVA), this peer network engages nonprofit professionals responsible for recruiting and managing volunteers. Watch this intro video.
- Chair of Leadership Team - Jeremy Franklin, Department of Juvenile Justice
- Facilitated by Mary Dell Hayes, StopGap Solutions