Successful marketing is vital for nonprofit organizations to achieve their missions, garner support, and make a meaningful difference in the communities and causes they serve.
The Marketing & Communications Peer Network will give nonprofit professionals a means for having 1) open discussions and seeking real-time input via a discussion group, 2) virtual learning sessions with their peers and experts, 3) virtual roundtable discussions on specific topics such as Giving Tuesday, and 4) access to vetted tools and resources at below market costs.
Knowledge Sharing and Learning: The MarComm Peer Network should foster a culture of continuous learning and knowledge exchange among nonprofit marketing professionals. The intended impact is to equip organizations with the skills and insights needed to improve their marketing strategies and outcomes.
Enhanced Marketing Effectiveness: By sharing best practices, case studies, and successful marketing strategies, the Network can help nonprofit organizations become more effective in reaching their target audiences, raising awareness, and achieving their mission-related goals.
Increased Collaboration: The Network can facilitate collaboration and partnerships among nonprofit organizations, leading to joint marketing initiatives, shared resources, and coordinated efforts. This can result in greater efficiency and impact.
Resource Sharing: The Network will share marketing resources, tools, and templates to help organizations with limited resources improve their marketing materials and campaigns.
Professional Development: The Network should provide opportunities for professional development, including workshops, webinars, and training sessions. The intended impact is to enhance the skills and knowledge of nonprofit marketing professionals, enabling them to stay up to date with industry trends.
Improved Accountability and Transparency: By promoting best practices in marketing and ethics, the Network can help organizations maintain high standards of accountability and transparency. The intended impact is to build public trust and confidence in the nonprofit sector.
Increased Diversity and Inclusion: The Network can encourage and support nonprofit organizations in adopting diverse and inclusive marketing practices. The intended impact is to ensure that marketing efforts are representative and welcoming to all communities and demographics.
Amplified Advocacy: A united front through the Network can amplify the advocacy efforts of nonprofit organizations, particularly when advocating for policy changes, funding, or addressing critical issues in South Carolina.
Positive Community Impact: Ultimately, the intended impact of the Network is to contribute to the positive impact of nonprofit organizations in their communities and causes. This may involve raising more funds, attracting more volunteers, and garnering greater public support for the missions they serve.
Increased Visibility and Recognition: The Network can work to increase the visibility and recognition of the nonprofit sector in South Carolina, ensuring that the importance of nonprofit work is acknowledged and celebrated.
Adaptation to Emerging Trends: Nonprofit marketing constantly evolves, with new technologies and strategies emerging. The network's intended impact is to help organizations stay agile and adapt to these changes effectively.
Crisis Response and Resilience: During crises, the network can offer support and resources to help nonprofit organizations navigate challenges and maintain their marketing efforts, ultimately ensuring their resilience and continued impact.
It's important to note that the intended impact of the Network may evolve and should be guided by the needs and priorities of the participating organizations. Regular assessments and feedback from Network members will help refine and enhance the Network's impact.
- Membership is open to staff and volunteers of Together SC member organizations who manage core marketing functions, including but not limited to: marketing, design, communications, public relations, event promotion, brand awareness and more.
- Member Benefits: a network of peers, marketing & communication resources, and professional development
How Do I Join a Peer Network Listserv Group?
Join the community of your Together SC Peer Network! As a member of a peer network you can join one or more Peer Network Listserv Groups, a virtual community that allows you to share questions, resources and stay closely connected to your peers. These Peer Network Listserv Groups are moderated by Together SC staff and the Peer Network Leadership Teams.
- Host periodic zoom sessions to conduct support and development opportunities based on timely and relevant marketing and communication topics.
- Provide opportunities for peer to peer sharing of knowledge and expertise via ListServ discussion group.
- Create opportunities to celebrate “wins”.
- Develop a culture of inclusiveness by engaging leaders who manage marketing functions in diverse capacities – whether in large or small organizations in both rural and urban areas across the state.
Leadership Structure & Role
- Each year Together SC will invite a diverse team of experienced marketing professionals to help lead the Marketing & Communications Peer Network. They will be responsible for program planning and providing overall direction.
- They may be invited to represent the Marketing & Communications Peer Network by attending key events with, and on behalf of, Together SC as opportunities arise.
- They will be asked to participate in planning calls and an annual planning meeting.