Leadership Team Join Network Members Only
Together SC seeks to harness the collective power of its member organizations who are advancing the greater good through public policy and advocacy efforts by establishing an Advocacy Allies network to facilitate peer-to-peer engagement and amplify members' voices.
- To help Advocacy Allies participants learn together and address advocacy organizations' unique challenges and operating concerns.
- To inform and guide Together SC's advocacy efforts on behalf of the sector.
- To help advance state legislators’ understanding of the nonprofit sector and issues of importance.
- To engage philanthropic partners in collaborative advocacy efforts.
- Any staff of Together SC members responsible for leading their organization's advocacy efforts. Multiple staff members from each organization are permitted. Membership is free.
- The Network manages an active Peer Network ListServ Group so members can connect online to discuss current trends, advocacy needs, and more.
- The Network also hosts gatherings (in-person and virtual) throughout the year to help members engage with each other in meaningful dialogue.
How Do I Join a Peer Network Listserv Group?
Join the community of your Together SC Peer Network! As a member of a peer network you can join one or more Peer Network Listserv Groups, a virtual community that allows you to share questions, resources and stay closely connected to your peers. These Peer Network Listserv Groups are moderated by Together SC staff and the Peer Network Leadership Teams.
- Provide input into and offer support for Together SC’s public policy priorities
- Launch a Peer Network ListServ
- Engage leaders of nonprofit sub-sector advocacy efforts
- Offer Advocacy Allies opportunities to build relations with state elected officials.
- Each year, Together SC will invite a diverse team of experienced advocacy professionals to help lead the Advocacy Allies. They will be responsible for program planning and overall direction for the Advocacy Allies.
- They may be invited to represent the sector by attending key advocacy events with Together SC if the opportunity arises.
- They will be asked to participate in periodic planning calls and an annual planning meeting. Together SC will aim to staff Advocacy Allies' efforts fully.
Advocacy Allies Leadership Team
Current Advocacy Issues
Together SC is a powerful voice for the nonprofit community. On federal issues, we work with the National Council of Nonprofits to support relevant policies.
In South Carolina, our Advocacy Allies Leadership Team lead efforts to craft our advocacy principles and policy agenda and direct our efforts.
In addition to educating decision makers about the value of our collective work, we connect nonprofit leaders with elected officials and share information about relevant legislation to help our members be effective “Allies for Good.”