Compensation & Benefits Reports
The 2023 Benefits Survey is Open till January 9, 2024
Benefits Survey and Report - The Benefits Survey is currently open and will remain so until 2024 SC Nonprofit Summit.9, 2024. Findings will be presented at the
This survey is not intended to be completed by employees themselves. Nor is it designed for volunteer-run nonprofits that do not have any employees.
The CEO, HR, or operations staff should submit one survey response for the organization.
Please have at hand:
- your HR Policies for Leave and Benefits, like PTO and maternity leave.
- Insurance Plan design descriptions and calculation of costs for any of the following benefits that your organization offers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Term Life / AD&D.
For question 4 - Which association do you belong to? - please select "Other" and write in Together SC.
Please allow 30 - 60 minutes to submit your survey responses.
Remember, the accuracy of your responses determines the usefulness of the report.
Contact Mary Dell Hayes with questions. Her email is email@example.com.
South Carolina’s nonprofit and philanthropic organizations need to know what constitutes competitive wages and benefits if they are to attract and retain the "best and the brightest." That's why Together SC engaged Kahle Strategic Insights to conduct the first statewide nonprofit compensation study in a decade.
Nearly 500 charitable nonprofits that employ one or more professional staff replied to the 70-question survey last March. Their responses reveal pay and benefit disparities, indicating a critical need for funding to attract, invest in, and retain quality staff.
This 80+ page Study is filled with tables, graphs, and data on 41 job titles. It provides a sector-wide analysis of what it will take to ensure our strategic objective of having a pipeline full of diverse and talented professionals to lead our organizations going forward.
Together SC has also retained StopGap Consulting and Mary Dell Hayes to assist members in processing the findings and using the data. Read what's offered.
2022 Report Sponsors
- Together SC knows collaborating makes everything more successful. This survey is no exception. We are thankful for the following Philanthropic Partners, sponsors and regional partners who have signed on to help. They include:
- Arras Foundation
- Able SC
- SC Arts Alliance
- Central Carolina Community Foundation and United Way of the Midlands
- Coastal Community Foundation
- Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
- Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
- Find Great People
- First Sun EAP
- Greenville Partnership for Philanthropy and Jolley Foundation
- SC First Steps
- Self Family Foundation and Greenwood Community Foundation
- Sisters of Charity Foundation of SC
- Spartanburg County Foundation, Spartanburg Regional Foundation, Mary Black Foundation, United Way of the Piedmont and Chapman Cultural Center