A monthly zoom conversation to engage Together SC allies who would like to expand their understanding of racial equity.
Each session will be led by a white nonprofit leader who will facilitate a discussion about a book, video, article or personal experience that has impacted his or her understanding of racism and white privilege.
Come prepared to be challenged and exposed to new ideas. All attendees are encouraged to read or watch the selected resource beforehand.
Participants will leave each conversation with answers to the following questions:
- What did I struggle with most when considering today’s topic? Why?
- How does today’s topic relate to me, my organization and/or my community?
- What will I do differently as a result of today’s topic?
- How did this topic help me better understand racism and white privilege?
Our regional partners are invited to join in and host local calls that build upon these conversations.
- Participants can sign up for individual sessions, or the entire series.
- Registration for each event will open one month in advance.
- Sessions will be free and open to all.
- Sessions will run from 9:00 until 10:00 am.
Together SC Board Members are taking the lead.
- September 3 - Discussion of Dr. Phillip Atiba Goff's TED Talk "How We Can Make Racism a Solvable Problem" - led Monroe Free
- October 1 - Discussion of Dr. Jennifer Eberhardt’s book Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think and Do - led by Paige Stevenson
- November 5 - Discussion of a White CEO's Personal Journey After George Floyd - led by Carl Humphries
- December 3 - Discussion on Why White Leaders Must Listen and Learn - led by Melanie Huggins