Removing Our Blinders - monthly calls
Monthly zoom conversations to engage Together SC allies wishing to expand their understanding of and commitment to racial equity.
Each session will be led by a white leader who will facilitate a discussion about a book, video, article or personal experience that has impacted his or her understanding of racism and white privilege.
Try to read or watch the selected resource beforehand. Come prepared to be challenged and exposed to new ideas. Then ask yourself the following questions:
- What did I struggle with most when considering today’s topic? Why?
- How does today’s topic relate to me, my organization and/or my community?
- What will I do differently as a result of today’s topic?
- How did this topic help me better understand racism and white privilege?
Sessions are free and open to all. They run from 9:00 until 10:00 am.
Spring 2021 sessions:
- May 6 - Two Nonprofit Leaders Share How to Apply the Equity Lens - with Anita Case and Tim Veeck
Recordings of past sessions:
- Confessions of a Small Town Mayor - with Bill Barnet, Former Spartanburg Mayor, April 1st, 2021
- WREN shares how racism and white supremacy affects their team - with Ann Warner, WREN on March 4th, 2021
- Elevating the Values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Tom Keith, SOCF on February 4, 2021
- Even When Think Your Eyes Are Open, There's Work To Be Done - Anita Zucker on January 7, 2021
- Why White Leaders Must Listen and Learn - Melanie Huggins on December 3, 2020
- White CEO's Personal Journey After George Floyd - Carl Humphries and colleagues on November 5, 2020
- Bias Creates Blinders in ALL of Us - Paige Stevenson on October 1, 2020
- One Southern White Man's Perspective on Racial Equity - Monroe Free on September 3, 2020
Facing Race Together Series Sponored by: