Removing Our Blinders - monthly calls
Monthly zoom conversations to engage Together SC allies wishing to expand their understanding of and commitment to racial equity.
Each session will be led by a white leader who will facilitate a discussion about a book, video, article or personal experience that has impacted his or her understanding of racism and white privilege.
When provided read or watch the selected resource beforehand. Come prepared to be challenged and exposed to new ideas. Then ask yourself the following questions:
- What did I struggle with most when considering today’s topic? Why?
- How does today’s topic relate to me, my organization and/or my community?
- What will I do differently as a result of today’s topic?
- How did this topic help me better understand racism and white privilege?
Sessions are free and open to all.
Fall 2021 sessions:
Visit our YouTube Channel for Recordings of past sessions, including:
- Two Nonprofit Leaders Share How to Apply the Equity Lens - Anita Case, Affinity Health Center and Tim Veeck, Habitat for Humanity York County
- Confessions of a Small Town Mayor - Bill Barnet, Former Spartanburg Mayor
- WREN shares how racism and white supremacy affects their team - Ann Warner, WREN
- Elevating the Values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Tom Keith, Sisters of Charity Foundation
- Even When Think Your Eyes Are Open, There's Work To Be Done - Anita Zucker
- Why White Leaders Must Listen and Learn - Melanie Huggins, Richland Library
- White CEO's Personal Journey After George Floyd - Carl Humphries and colleagues, Hope Health
- Bias Creates Blinders in ALL of Us - Paige Stevenson, United Way of the Piedmont
- One Southern White Man's Perspective on Racial Equity - Monroe Free, Habitat for Humanity Greenville County
Facing Race Together Series Sponored by: