What's New in Nonprofit Member Benefits?
The Together SC Summit served as the center of our work for a number of years. COVID-19 forced us to reevaluate how we can best meet the needs of our nonprofit members. We surveyed and interviewed current and lapsed members, reviewed other state nonprofit associations, and reflected on trends in the nonprofit sector. What we've learned is leading us to updating our dues and benefits structure to create a system that will more effectively serve our diverse network of members.
Our initial findings helped us identify:
- Dues for our Nonprofit Members have not been changed in more than 10 years and should be structured more simply and equitably.
- Members will often not utilize their benefits because they are not aware of them.
- Members appreciate support and guidance on changing trends and ideas in the sector, but need continued technical assistance for fundamentals and sound practices.
- Members are looking to each other for professional networking and development, not just for executives, but for all staff.
What should you expect from your Together SC membership in the future:
- A "right-sized" dues rate based only on your budget, not FTEs.
- Enhanced benefits and use of the Career Center
- Continued peer networks for Black Nonprofit Leaders, Advocacy Allies, and New Executives
- New peer networks for Fundraising/Development, Operations/Finance/HR, Volunteer Management
- Support connecting with the best consultant to meet your specific needs across a wide variety of specialized services
- A continued focus on our shared belief that well-managed and responsibly governed nonprofits result in stronger, healthier communities.
Want to know more? Listen to the recording of the call!