Together SC is Hiring an Events & Communications Manager!
NOTE: This is a work-from-home position. Any qualified applicant residing in South Carolina will be considered.
REPORTS TO: Vice President / COO
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Salaried
POSITION CONCEPT: This position is responsible for supporting Together SC’s learning programs and events and related communications. This position coordinates with the Membership & Development Team, the Chief Learning Officer, and the Communications team. We seek a colleague with a passion for lifelong learning, teaching, and helping others. The right candidate will grow with the organization and find opportunity for advancement.
- Responsible for set-up, promotion, hosting, and all follow-up of all online and in-person programs/trainings.
- Provide event support for any in-person programs.
- Coordinate volunteers (members) to assist in production of events.
- Organize registration/check-in for all events, recording member attendance.
- Lead on-site logistics and food/beverage needs for Together SC’s in-person events, including board meetings, regional gatherings, and the three-day annual summit (March 7-9, 2023 in Columbia).
- Assist with any additional program needs as needed.
Communications/Social Media (40%)
In coordination with Marketing/Communications Team:
- Post on Together SC social media channels in accordance with content supplied by Mar/Comm Team.
- Promote upcoming Together SC events via social media channels and targeted email communications, with content sourced from Together SC staff and member teams.
- Conducts oneself as a responsible, self-motivated, team player who takes initiative, works independently to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Serves as a professional, positive ambassador for Together SC.
- Performs duties and responsibilities as requested and has a sense of humor, positive outlook and team spirit.
- Pursues greater knowledge of the nonprofit sector and professional and technical skills by availing oneself of educational resources and publications.
WORK FROM HOME EXPECTATIONS:
Together SC does not have a physical office, so all staff are expected to work from home or another location of their choice. Most meetings and interactions will be conducted by phone or Zoom. All staff are reimbursed for their use of personal equipment/utilities at a rate of $150/month. They will be provided with an @togethersc.org email address, access to electronic file systems and services necessary to do their work, as well as a Zoom phone number and extension. They will be expected to maintain their work files on the electronic file system (OneDrive). Some travel, mostly within the State of South Carolina, will be required, for in-person events/conferences.
Together SC is committed to building policies and demonstrating actions that support justice and inclusion for Black people, indigenous people, and people of color in South Carolina, who have historically been, and continue to be, disadvantaged and disenfranchised by systems of institutional racism. Accordingly, Together SC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate for this position has one or more of the following characteristics:
- Has experience in logistics management for both in-person and virtual events, in an academic or trade association setting, including presenter management, content development, and AV expertise.
- Is comfortable engaging with others and facilitating sessions.
- Has experience managing/hosting calls/meetings via the Zoom platform.
- Is an active experienced user of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Has experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Can publish website content using cloud-based database systems with WYSIWYG editing functions.
- Possesses strong writing skills and good attention to details.
Candidates with an Associate Degree (or equivalent experience) or higher in Education, Mass Communications, HRTM, or a related field will be preferred.
Applications accepted until the position is filled with preference for candidates applying by August 19, 2022. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and references via this portal. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Cover letters should convey why the candidate is interested in Together SC and how their qualifications and experience meet the needs of the job.
Please direct all inquiries to Benjamin Bullock, Vice President & COO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT TOGETHER SC:
Together SC serves the thousands of South Carolinians dedicated to community service, leadership, and caring through nonprofit and philanthropic organizations.
Together SC is comprised of 700+ member organizations that consist of thought leaders, agents of change, and trusted, vital community advocates. It is the only statewide membership organization focused on bringing together South Carolina's leaders and partners to strengthen the state's entire nonprofit community.
Constantly adapting to the changing landscape of the nonprofit world, Together SC empowers S.C.’s nonprofits and their allies to become integral partners in successfully building vibrant, equitable communities.
We believe that well-managed and responsibly governed nonprofits result in stronger, healthier communities.