Introducing Your Peer Network Dream Team
No matter what role you play within the nonprofit community, our aim is to “always be learning.”
How do you do this? Subscribe to blogs and newsletters, attend trainings, chat with colleagues? There are so many strategies.
Together SC is always here to support you. And so are your peers!
We're a big believer in the values of Peer Networks. That's why we're building out Peer Networks, in response to hearing from you.
These networks will connect all levels of nonprofit staff through regular events and programming in their primary area of responsibility.
Whether you are a fundraiser, part of the operations team or responsible for advocacy efforts, there is a Peer Network for you.
Meet your Dream Team of Peer Network Facilitators:
Each Peer Network is facilitated by a subject matter expert, and a Leadership Team of nonprofit colleagues. Together they will build impactful programming.
- Advocacy Allies - GP McLeer, Pecan Public Relations. Watch this intro video.
- Black Nonprofit Leaders Group - Jessica Sharp, Sharp Brain Consulting. Watch this intro video.
- Development - Heather Singleton, Strategic Public Relations Consulting. Watch this intro video.
- Equity - Beth Ruffin, The Everyday Inclusionist. Watch this intro video.
- Operations - Miriam Dicks, 180 Management Group. Watch this intro video.
- Volunteer Administrators Alliance (VAA) - Mary Dell Hayes, StopGap Solutions. Watch this intro video.
Virtual Gatherings: As a member of a Peer Network, you will be invited to quarterly networking events faciiltated by a professional facilitator and subject matter expert. During these meaningful virtual gatherings members will share topic-specific experiences and learn from their colleagues from across South Carolina. (Free to all members)
In-Person Workshops: Each Peer Network will design and deliver an in-person professional development opportunity in Columbia annualy. These workshops will present timely tactical topics developed by the Peer Network's Leadership Team. To attend, members must register and pay a small regsitration fee to cover overhead expenses of producing the event. (Member add-on)
Summit Gatherings: Finally, as a member of a Peer Network you will have an opportunity to meet with your professional colleagues at our annual Summit during an organized Network event. These in-person gatherings will be facilitated by the Network's facilitator and Leadership Team and are designed for members to expand their own personal network. (Member add-on)
Sign up for one or more Peer Networks
Follow these simple steps:
- Login to your organization’s account on TogetherSC.org
- Check if you have set up your personal profile on Member Compass
- If you already have a profile, you can select your desired Peer Network(s)
- If you don’t have a profile, you can set one up (be sure to add your smiling face) and then select your desired Peer Network(s)
Sign up NOW! You will be the first to know about networking events and professional development opportunities…and receive timely notifications about things happening related to your area of professional responsibility.
Together SC is here to strengthen and advance your work.
I would love to hear your ideas about other ways we can support you.
Chief Learning Officer, Together SC
President and Founder, DNA Creative Communications