As a follow-up to her powerful 2020 Summit keynote and workshops, Dr. Heather Hackman will return to Together SC to lead this eight-month program, which is specifically designed for white CEOs, whose organizations are ready to invest in their understanding of racial equity and how it applies to their work. Through her seven-step process, she will offer research-based, experience-informed, and practical approaches to intentionally embedding equity into nonprofit practice.
We recognize that the burden of the work, personal and institutional, should not be on our Black colleagues, but that it is our white colleagues who have much work to do before they can take effective action on race equity.
Watch this short video by Dr. Hackman that describes this program (and the Taking Immediate Action Network) and who will most benefit from participation.
For More Information:
- The cohort of approximately 40 white CEOs will meet virtually each month.
- The fee for the 8-month program is $125 for Together SC members. If space allows, the not-yet-member fee is $225.
- Participants will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.
- Participants are required to attend the entire series. Please save these dates:
- August 21
- September 18
- October 16
- November 20
- December 4
- January 22
- February 19
- March 19
- All sessions will run virtually from 9:00 to 10:00 am, except December 4 that will be run from 9:00 to 10:30.
- All participants will be invited and encouraged to attend a small in-person equity gathering in May 2021 if health and safety can be ensured.
- Sponsorship Opportunity:
- Together SC is seeking sponsors for the entire Facing Race Together program. Please email Madeleine@togethersc.org to learn more.