PEOPLE OF COLOR NONPROFIT LEADERS SYMPOSIUM:
Nonprofits + HBCUs: Teaming up to Create a Pipeline of Young Black Professionals Into the Nonprofit & Philanthropic Sectors
As Black students begin to consider viable careers, the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors often go unmentioned by advisers. Many view the nonprofit field as low-paying and stagnant, and countless others still think of the sectors as volunteerism. This event seeks to turn that notion on its head. Black professionals from the nonprofit and philanthropic fields will introduce students to Professional Giving as a lucrative, multi-faceted, and lasting career choice.
- A Call-to-Action will be issued during this event, highlighting the importance and significance of the HBCU experience and urging the audience to support HBCUs - even if they did not matriculate through one.
- High-level HBCU representatives will be on hand to share knowledge and strategies with the nonprofit sector centered around attracting young Black professionals into an overwhelmingly undiversified field.
- Philanthropic and Nonprofit agents will learn how they can both partner with HBCUs and actively recruit young Black professionals.
- Students will be introduced to the many career paths available to them within the giving sectors.
**The Symposium is a public, no-cost event. You do not have to register or attend the Summit to gain entry, but we hope you will!**
Refreshments will be served
3:30 pm - Registration Opens; Refreshments available
4:00 pm - Welcome and Opening Remarks
4:20 pm - Keynote Address - Darrin Goss
4:40 pm - Panel I (w/ Audience Q&A)
Making the Connection: Successfully Navigating the Path Less Traveled
5:35 pm - Networking Marketplace
5:50 pm - Panel II (w/ Audience Q&A)
Forge The Future: Partnering to Construct a Fulfilling, Lucrative, and Boundless Career Pathway
6:50 pm - Closing Remarks
7:00 pm - Departure
President & CEO,
Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina
Speakers, Panelists, and Contributors
Harvest Hope - Pee Dee
Asst. Dir. of Fin. Aid&Scholarships,
Anthony J. Ghoston
President, CEO & CCO,
Dividend Assets Capital, LLC
Coastal Comm. Foundation of SC
Founder & CEO,
|Tondaleya G. Jackson
ED Career Pathways Init. & SLP,
Chynna A. Phillips
Research and Policy Director,
Sisters of Charity Foundation of SC
VP for Enrollment Management,
Director of Community & Minority Enterprise,
Greater Florence Chamber of Commerce
EVENT MASTER OF CEREMONIES
Please note that registration for the Summit does not automatically grant access to this event. Each attendee must register to attend for this specific Symposium, as space is limited.
Refreshments will be served.
* Shuttles will be on hand to transport attendees to the 2020 SC Nonprofit Summit Opening Plenary, featuring national speaker and best-selling author Dr. Jennifer Eberhardt. The Plenary takes place immediately after the Symposium.