The Complete Infographic Toolkit for Nonprofits
From Data to Action: a 4-Part Course
Infographics with attractive images and compelling data can reach a big audience. They give your data the power to rally support, inspire action, and drive impact. Tap into your data’s potential to create change with The Complete Infographic Toolkit for Nonprofits: From Data to Action.
Over four Thursdays starting January 23, Idealware will help you see what kinds of data are best translated into infographics and find the stories hidden in the numbers. We’ll walk you through the practical steps of creating and using your infographic and look at examples of how other organizations created successful infographics. And best of all, we’ll help you develop your own infographic that you can begin using right away.
Throughout the course, you will:
- Identify what you hope to accomplish with an infographic and the ways you want to use it.
- Learn techniques for finding useful data—both public and within your own organization.
- Learn how to translate your data to speak to your audience
- Consider visual techniques and strategies to display your information.
- Review tools–including live demos– that can help non-designers create an infographic.
- Walkthrough the practical considerations from concept to completion.
- Explore the communications opportunities an infographic creates.
- Walk away with a simple infographic you can use to help your organization start a conversation or promote a cause.
- It also includes “homework review” in the sessions– for those who send their homework in advance, we’ll provide feedback live in the sessions.
All sessions take place Thursdays at 1 pm Eastern and last for 90 minutes.
January 23: Setting Your Goals and Finding Your Data
It all starts with data and the impact you think it can have. We’ll kick off this session talking about who you’re trying to reach and how an infographic might support your organization’s goals. Then we’ll get down to the details of where to look for data or how to create data that might make a compelling infographic.
January 30: Defining Your Format and Content
With data and audience nailed down, how do you decide what should be in your infographic to best meetyour organization’s needs? We’ll talk through best practices for images, charts, formats, and how to bring it all together with text.
February 6: Tools to Do it Yourself
This session will help you move beyond theory and start developing an infographic of your own. We’ll show you the many inexpensive solid tools that allow you to build your own infographic based on templated graphic designs. Live demos will help give you the confidence to dive in for yourself.
February 13: What it Takes to Complete the Job
There are many practical steps necessary to complete an infographic. If you want to go beyond what can be done with a templated tool, you also need a graphic designer who understands your story, concept and and make it visually appealing. And once you create your infographic, you need a strategy for how to distribute and promote it. We’ll review some of the logistical aspects of creating an infographic to help you get started with a solid footing.
Our Expert Trainer – Laura Quinn
Idealware is a program of the nonprofit Tech Impact. We are the authoritative source for independent, thoroughly-researched technology resources for the social sector. Our publications, assessments, and training can save you time and money by providing impartial guidance that gives you the knowledge and confidence you need to decide what’s best for your organization. Browse our archives, sign up for our mailing list, or learn more at www.idealware.org