United Way Association of SC and Together SC are joining together to host this special edition of Talking Together with Nonprofit Leaders for those who are interested in assisting clients file for unemployment benefits.
A "Connection Point" is a site, like libraries, identified by the SC Department of Employment and Workforce (DEW), which offers marketing material and/or electronic access to Unemployment Insurance (UI) services.
Host organization staff can assist clients with DEW's online services onsite or virtually.
With thousands seeking unemployment, frontline nonprofits are uniquely positioned to help clients file.
Sign up to hear what's involved and determine if your organization can help.
DEW staff will provide an overview and training on becoming a Connection Point.
Participating organizations must:
- Identify a computer or computers that can be designated as the “Connection Point” and put bookmarks on the landing page for DEW’s website, the benefits portal, and the job search portal
- Designate a place where relevant fliers can be posted for job fairs, hiring events, trainings, etc.
- Install Connection Point Signage
DEW will provide:
- Signage to identify your partnership (we can accommodate size, type and placement)
- Laminated desk guide with step by step instructions for any of the main functions a job seeker would use
- List contact information and location for the closest brick and mortar SC Works location where customers needing one on one attention or more intensive services can go
- Rotation of a staff that will come by onsite monthly just to check in, answer questions and update any literature