Coronavirus Resources - Updated Daily
Nonprofits will play a large role in determining the impact COVID-19 has across South Carolina. Prepare yourself and your organization to lead in and through this event.
Below are resources to help you stay informed, prepared, and able to effectively communicate with your staff, donors, clients, and community. Don't see what you need? Call us!
Survey - What Financial Resources Would Help?
Nationa Call - Federal Relief Bills: What Do They Mean for Nonprofits?
- Analysis of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) (Pub. L. 116-132)
- How Nonprofits Can Utilize the New Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19, Nonprofit Quarterly, Mar. 26, 2020
- Analysis of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, National Council of Nonprofits
Initial documents from Dept. of Labor offer clarification on some aspects of the Act. March 24
Guidance for Employees: who is eligible, how to calculate pay, duration of leave, and more
Guidance for Employers: who is covered, qualifying reasons for leave, tax credits, and more
Questions and Answers: frequently asked questions
U.S. Department Of Labor Publishes Guidance Explaining Paid Sick Leave And Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act, U.S. Dept. of Labor, March 24, 2020The Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved disaster loans for business and nonprofits impacted directly by COVID-19. Go directly to the federal webpage to begin the loan application. Interest rates are 2.755 SBA Disaster Declaration for SC (bedt time to apply is between 7pm and 7 am)
- Financial Leadership In The Face Of Impossible Choices. A wonderful resource with thoughts and options for planning your organization’s uncertain financial future.
- Our sister organization Montana Nonprofit Association is sharing their cash flow planning template. Learn how to use this tool by watching the recorded webinar on the same page.
- Sustainability to Survivability: 5 Nonprofit Finance Must-Do’s in the Time of COVID, Nonprofit Quarterly
Working from Home
- Tips for setting up a home office
- Great article on keeping the team vibe going
- We always encourage all of our nonprofit professionals to invest in self-care, but especially now.
- Some good leadership and management guidance for remote work during the coronavirus crisis.
- What Nonprofit Leaders Need to Know About the Brain Exactly what stress is doing to your teams' brains and your clients' brains. And yours.
- Virtual meeting resources:
- What Nonprofit Board Members Should Be Doing Right Now to Address the Covid 19 Situation, BoardSource
- COVID 19 Fundraising Tool Kit - cancelling and taking events virtual
- Fundraising tools from Bloomerang
- Secr. of State encourages wise giving during COVID-19
- The New Normal - How each of the markets (stock, bond, housing) is impacting various types of donors.
- Effectively Communicating in Uncertain Times
- Crisis Communication Plans
- A Novel Opportunity to Strenthen the Public Trust in the Nonprofit World, The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Understanding SC's Unemployment Tax requirements - SC Dept. of Employment & Workforce
- COVID 19 and Unemployement Benefits
- SC DEW - Covid-19 ResourcesHaynswoth Sinkler Boyd Employment Law Blog
- to Manage COVID 19 Anxiety
- Posters that encourage staying home when sick, cough and sneeze etiquette, and hand hygiene
- Poster- Viruses Don't Discriminate and Neither Should We
Plans, Policies + Procedures
- CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease- creating an infectious disease outbreak response plan
- Does your organization have a Disaster Response Plan, in general? Our friends at Nonprofit New York have an excellent guide.
- More planning resources from our colleagues in Maine
- Stig Rasmussen at Fact Forward has shared their Response Plan
- Nonprofit Risk Management Center - COVID-19: 5 Things to Know & Do
- Coronavirus: What You Need to Know About Cancelling an Event and Liability Risks, Event
- The World Health Organization offers key planning recommendations for mass gatherings in the context of the current COVID-19 outbreak
- CDC Information for Travel
- CDC guidance for conducting a risk assessment of potential exposure.
- Nonprofit Insurance and COVID-19, NY Council of Nonprofits
- SC Chief Justice Halts Evictions
- IRS delays Income Tax deadline 90 days. SC does the same.
- SC School Districts Current Meal Distribution Plans. In Spanish
- SC Appleseed Resources
- SC COVID-19 Cases By Zip Code - SCDHEC March 27
- COVID-19 pages maintained by SC DHEC and US CDC.
- World Health Organization’s COVID-19 advice for the public.
- OSHA’s information on COVID-19
- The National Council of Nonprofits has a great resource page, as well!
- The National Council of Nonprofits workS diligently to make sure Congress considers nonprofit needs. Read this letter they send to Congress about why nonprofits should be included in discussions about relief packages!
Thank you to all our colleagues across the country for sharing thier resources. We'll update this blog post daily as we get helpful information!