Congratulations to the Governor's Volunteer Awards Winners!
Together SC's Volunteer Admin Alliance, the SC Commission on National and Community Service, the United Way Association of SC, and the Governor’s Office are pleased to announce the winners of the 2021 Governor’s Volunteer Awards!
The Awards Ceremony was held at a socially-distanced luncheon on Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at the SC State Museum. This year's winners are:
- Direct Service Volunteer Award: Mike Meehan, nominated by Tom Bostick and Sara Dean, Central SC Habitat for Humanity.
- Community Leader Award: Tonya Mayes, PreDestined Teen Outreach, nominated by Armilla Moore, Family Promise of Pickens County.
- Volunteer Group Award: The Anne Springs-Close Greenway Garden Volunteers, nominated by Pamela Gordon, Roper St. Francis Healthcare.
- Youth Individual Volunteer Award: Chloe Abumoussa, Nominated by Muriel Taylor, Meals on Wheels of Greenville.
- Volunteer Family Award: Lisa Matthews and Joyce Runion, Nominated by Dana Holtvoigt, Agape Care SC
- Workplace Agency Award: AnMed Health (accepted by Michael Cunningham), nominated by Brandy Singleton, United Way of Anderson County
- Legacy Volunteer Award: Scott Robertson, nominated by Brandy Singleton, United Way of Anderson County
- COVID-19 Outstanding Leadership Volunteer Award: Lisa Geoffroy, FLAG (Front Line Appreciation Group), nominated by Tara Tsehlana, Roper St. Francis Healthcare.
- Volunteer Administrator of the Year: Lauren Glass, nominated by Joan Perry, Roper St. Francis Healthcare.
- AmeriCorps Member of the Year: Steve Mosley, presented by Missy Santorum, SC Service Commission.