Together SC seeks to harness the collective power of its member organizations who are advancing the greater good through public policy and advocacy efforts by establishing an Advocacy Allies program to facilitate peer to peer engagement.
1. To help Advocacy Allies participants learn together and address the unique challenges and operating concerns that advocacy organizations face.
2. To help advance state legislators’ understanding of the nonprofit sector and issues of importance.
3. To engage philanthropic partners in collaborative advocacy efforts.
Year One Objectives:
1. Organize November and June gatherings for Advocacy Allies to learn together and address legislative and policy issues
2. Host periodic zoom calls for Advocacy Allies to provide peer to peer sharing of knowledge and expertise
3. Begin Inventorying and sharing tools and resources
4. Engage leaders of nonprofit subsector advocacy efforts
5. Provide input into and offer support for Together SC’s public policy priorities
6. Offer Advocacy Allies opportunities to build relations with state elected officials. Research engaging with SC Legislative Caucuses – starting with the Women’s Luncheon (Katrina Sheally)
Participation and Investment:
2019-20 Advocacy Allies Steering Group Members