You’ve seen them on the news! Teens around the country are taking a stand on important issues. Have they inspired you to make your voice heard on an issue you care about? Join teens from across South Carolina at the 6th Annual Youth Summit and discover how you can influence change in your community.
Eat Smart Move More South Carolina and the HYPE Project are hosting the 6th Annual Youth Summit on July 27, 2018, to celebrate the work of HYPE Project teams and other youth-serving organizations in the state, who are creating positive change in their schools, churches, neighborhoods, and communities.
This year, national leadership training organization Leading to Change will bring a highly interactive, fast-paced and fun experience for our youth. Leading to Change works with youth-serving organizations like YMCAs, Boys and Girls Clubs, and local school districts, and we are excited to host them this year!
Over the past seven years, the Eat Smart Move More South Carolina Youth Summit has allowed HYPE Project Youth Teams from across the state to gather for an exciting day to celebrate their successes, meet other youth leaders, and share stories of how they were able to advocate for change in their communities.
Last year, we expanded the audience and theme of the Youth Summit. We invited other youth-serving organizations to join our HYPE youth in learning about the importance of young people’s involvement in community change, using the theme #beyondthehashtag.
In the past few years, young people have been at the forefront advocating on social justice issues. This year, we will build on last year’s momentum as we encourage youth to Stand and Deliver. Our Keynote speakers are from Leading to Change will offer FRESH and FAST-PACED sessions for attendees that that are laughter inducing, highly interactive, and skill focused. The event will bring youth leaders together to talk with their peers about making lasting community change and the importance of having a collective voice.
The Youth Summit offers many unique opportunities and experiences. Youth and adults are expected to act honestly, courteously, and considerately towards others attending the Summit.
Attendees will adhere to the Youth Summit Code of Conduct:
- Participate fully in all Youth Summit activities to the best of their ability.
- Be responsible for his/her behavior.
- Follow the directions, rules, and regulations established by the Youth Summit planning team:
- Make the necessary plans to attend the Youth Summit. If an emergency arises, contact the local organization or ESMMSC to notify them of the situation.
- Adhere to all scheduled times and be in designated areas at all times.
- Dress appropriately for all activities, as we will be doing some physical activity.
- Wear nametags all times.
- Do not leave the Youth Summit site without prior authorization.
- Do not be involved in any way with alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, illegal drugs, vandalism, theft, bullying, sexual
*WHEN YOU BUY 5 YOUTH TICKETS, YOU WILL BE EMAILED A CODE TO GET 1 FREE YOUTH TICKET!*
Organizer of 2018 Eat Smart Move More South Carolina Youth Summit
- Eat Smart Move More SC coordinates obesity prevention efforts across the state, through ongoing collaboration between state agencies, business and industry, health care organizations, schools, academia, community coalitions and a broad range of other stakeholders to capitalize and leverage differing areas of expertise, skill and resources to impact obesity in South Carolina.
Click Here to Register Now!