Begin the Journey to Excellence
Since 2003, Together SC (originally as the SC Association of Nonprofit Organizations) has been recognizing organizations that embody excellence within our sector. Using the Guiding Principles & Best Practices as a framework, the Award for Nonprofit Excellence identifies two organizations that embody this continued pursuit of excellence.
Together SC believes that excellence isn’t the completion of a checklist, it is a fundamentally transformative pursuit of the highest standards and practices. We hope each Together SC member organization uses the Guiding Principles & Best Practices as a living document, allowing us the opportunity to re-evaluate our practices and priorities.
For those who feel ready to apply for the South Carolina Award for Nonprofit Excellence, there are many benefits. Previous winners report having funders, donors and potential board members CONTACT THEM with interest in getting more involved and supporting their work. Other great benefits include:
- A $1,000 credit to use for the Nonprofit Summit and other trainings or publications.
- Recognition at the Nonprofit Summit including the presentation of a distinguished plaque to display in your organization’s office
- Participation in Guiding Principles & Best Practices peer learning session at the Nonprofit Summit and at regional gatherings.
- Mentor future award applicants as they articulate their journeys toward excellence.
- Recognition through Together SC communications, social media, and local and statewide media
- A SC Award for Nonprofit Excellence decal to display on your website and other social media.
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS
Contact Madeleine McGee, President, 803-740-1260 ext. 11
“The Award for Nonprofit Excellence in Governance and Management is awarded to nonprofits that know that making a real difference means taking the time to build an effective foundation for organizational success. Greenville County First Steps excelled among a qualified field of applicants. Their excellent management and governance practices not only help them accomplish their mission, but also position them for years of achievement.”
Past Selection Committee Chair
Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
PREVIOUS EXCELLENCE AWARD RECIPIENTS:
Keystone Substance Abuse Services
Neighbor to Neighbor
Habitat for Humanity of Greenville
The ETV Endowment of South Carolina
Greenville County First Steps
The Literacy Center (as Literacy Volunteers of the Lowcountry)
Affinity Health Center (as Catawba Care)
Miss Ruby’s Kids
Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center
Glenn Springs Academy (closed May 2015)
Wings for Kids
Palmetto Goodwill (as Goodwill Industries of Lower SC)
International Center for Birds of Prey
Lowcountry Food Bank
Center for Women
Service Over Self
Miracle Hill Ministries
Lexington Richland Alcohol and Drug Abuse Council (LRADAC)