Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Law Change Convening
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Chapman Cultural Center Theater
200 East Saint John Street, Spartanburg
The Fair Labor Standards Act overtime law change will affect all nonprofits and faith communities...but how do we prepare? Learn the basics of the law change, how to be compliant from a legal and human resources perspective, and hear plans from your peers on what they're doing to prepare for change that will take effect Thursday, December 1, 2016. This session will provide actionable next steps to assist your organization with the transition.
Convening key takeaways will include:
- Basics of the law changes (i.e., knowing the significant changes and how they will affect nonprofits and the faith community)
- Exempt vs. nonexempt employees
- How to be compliant with the law change
- Actionable next steps on how to prepare for the change
- Examples of peer plans
- Tools/resources to take back to your organization
Meet our Panelists!
Kindly RSVP to Linda Riley by
Thursday, September 22, 2016.
This program is made possible by the following sponsors:
NOTICE: Due to the importance of holding this session, Nonprofit Connect scheduled for September 28, 2016, will be cancelled.