The Junior League of Columbia (JLC) invites you to respond to our 2018 Community Impact Grant request for proposals (RFP). The JLC Community Impact Grant Program supports projects directly benefiting the greater Midlands area through our community partners, nonprofit organizations and agencies*.
JLC promotes voluntarism, develops the potential of women, and improves communities through the effective action of trained volunteers. Our current focus area is healthy children. A total of $150,000 will be awarded by JLC to Midlands’ organizations proposing transformational projects and initiatives of $25,000 or greater related to our mission and focus area and specifically addressing poverty and basic needs of children and families.
We look forward to supporting our partners in positively transforming our community through these opportunities! Thank you and have a wonderful day!
RFP Application Contents
Cover letter, on your stationery, signed by the organization’s director
- Executive Summary
- Narrative (no more than two pages) with (a):
Project Budget (expenses and/or income)
Organization Background (mission, major activities, and credentials for carrying out project)
If you previously received a grant, please provide an update of the use of the funds and the outcomes.
Conclusion (brief statement of long-term project plan and how JLC can play a role)
- Project Description;
- Brief statement of need to be addressed;
- Goals and objectives, including dates for implementation and conclusion of project;
- Target population;
- Project activities/programs;
- Proposal of collaboration with JLC volunteers on a long-term basis (this could include incorporating shift work for JLC volunteer or placement opportunities);
- and Plan for measuring project results and reporting impact of project to JLC on an annual basis.
- Verification of tax-exempt status (IRS determination letter)
- List of officers and Board of Directors
- Staff biographies and key staff resumes
- Organization operating budget
- Latest financial statement (audited preferred)
- List of other current funding sources and uses
- Current Annual Report
- Support letters or endorsements (limited to maximum of three)
*JLC does not make grants to individuals or government agencies, or for capital building projects, lobbying, or religious purposes. Additional applicant organization requirements are available here. Please submit proposals by email to email@example.com.